Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fear of Flying (Naked)

I’m a little concerned about what might happen going through security for a flight I’ll be taking in about a month or so.  Since 9/11 the rules for boarding airplanes have changed, and changed again.  Shortly after 9/11 I remember heading to my gate, seeing a sign posted listing items prohibited on planes.  It was disappointing to find a leaf blower on the list, because I don’t know about you, but I feel naked without mine when I travel.

Speaking of naked.  I remember when they caught the shoe bomber on a plane, and thanks to him we are now required to take our shoes off before going through security.  Then someone boarded a plane with two seemingly innocent liquids that could be mixed together to form an explosive and next thing you know the airlines banned liquids.  So now a guy, who by all accounts, raised every red flag one could raise, yet managed to board a plane with explosives in his underwear, which unfortunately didn’t blow (no pun intended) his male parts to bits,  so what now?  I see the handwriting on the wall.  Will we be required to exchange our shoes and our undies for paper substitutes?  Ewwww!

I bet when your mother told you to always wear clean underwear she had no idea how important that advice would become.  Maybe I’ll take the train.

I’m just saying…

[Via http://honjii.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment